The inside face of the apron will never be seen, but I decided to veneer the inside face anyway. The brick laid white cedar wasn't the most attractive, especially since the visible edges were plain sawn (the quartersawn faces were laid up horizontally). So here's the last bit of veneering before dyeing, finishing, finished.
With the legs and stretchers glued up, it's time to shape the transition from leg to stretcher. I really enjoy using this small, curved-sole spokeshave for this shaping. It is small enough to get into some fairly tight places.
Here is the leg-to-stretcher joint. A good portion of the material at this joint will be removed with the bandsaw after glue-up. The loose tenon has already been glued into the leg.
Here the veneer is being applied to the apron. I'm using a caul made of 3 layers of 3/8" bending plywood (whose edges are wrapped in blue tape to protect it from adhesive squeeze out). The 3 layer caul was glued up previously on the apron, so I didn't have to fight with them when working on pressing on the veneer.