Bubinga, My Lovely Nemesis


Yesterday I developed a strong dislike for bubinga. I spent 85% of the day grinding or sharpening, the other 15% actually using the chisels. And by "using", I mean instant and total trashing of cutting edges. It was not a fun day, but the results are nice and crisp. Today I'm cutting the drawer sides, which are heavenly maple.

posted by Mike Korsak